Note:

For an enlarged, easier to read index click here . To "google search" this site, scroll to the bottom of this page. (This site is best viewed with "Firefox")

(Tips: F11 key enables full screen viewing & Ctrl-F to search the index)

2.20.2007

JUDAISM-----its not all or nothing

RACHELJ Posted - 30 August 2001 1:44


UMM I JUST GOT BACK FROM CAMP WHICH I LOVED BUT ONE WEIRD THING IS ALTHOUGH THESE KIDS WERE REALLLY CAREFUL TO DAVEN EVERY DAY AND WASH NEGEL VASSER BY THEIR BED AND ALL THOSES TYPE OF STUFF THEY ALL ALSO TALK AND HANG OUT WITH GUYS AND DO \"BAD THINGS\"

HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCH MORALS I MEAN I DONT DAVEN EVERY DAY BUT... PLEASE HELP


MODERATOR Posted - 30 August 2001 2:35


It's simple. People have a Yetzer Horah. And for many people, the Yetzer Horah for guys is stronger than the Yetzer Horah not to wash negel vasser.

People who wash negel vasser and daven still speak loshon horah or cheat in business. Because the Yezter Horah is stronger on those sins.

It's understood, established, and even clear in Shulchan Aruch, that there are sins that are more severe than others, but are more often violated.


louise Posted - 18 January 2002 16:49


I hate how ppl try to act religious bc I’m anti religious ppl and Jews ever though I’m a Jew and I used to be religious.

I was turned off really badly and know I have myself, I have no one else helping me.

I was kicked out of my home and its hard for me. Me and my friends do drugs and drink and do bad stuff but I cant stop. I’m too used to it and I feel like this is what the world is for religion is nothing to me.

I hate god and all his thing he brought to the world. I’m so mad at the world, that I wish I could make it burn in flames so ppl who act religious and there not stop bc it makes me hate Jews more


MODERATOR Posted - 22 January 2002 18:03


You will be able to make the world burn in flames one day - or rather, the part of the world that does those terrible things - when you watch as Hashem takes those who hurt you and gives them what they deserve. "Burning in flames" will be a picnic compared to what is gonna happen to them then.

As far as yourself, I read your posts on the other boards. Others have been in the position you are in, unfortunately. There is help. I sent you a private email and am waiting your response.


lifeisbad Posted - 30 January 2002 15:00


Ya, I hate "cardiac Jews" and fakies, and although I hate to quote s/t Jewish, "mitzvot anashim melumada", a person does stuff by habit, w/ no meaning attached, and then there are those who just do it bec they have to and want to be left alone. its funny I hate it, and yet I do it!!

It’s a mixed up world out there, and what I’m trying to say is that it doesn’t always mean a/t that a person seems Jewish if their thoughts are anti it, but in the same token, if s/o listens to a radio, for ex, it doesn’t mean e/t else is for naught, do you get what I'm saying? Does it make sense?

I doubt it.


MODERATOR Posted - 30 January 2002 19:12


It makes perfect sense, LifIsBad. We are not perfect people, and our Torah life is not all-or-nothing. Life's a war. We win some battles, and lose others, but the main thing is we keep fighting.

PS - Louise stopped posting on these boards. I got worried, got a hold of her, and spoke to her. She’s not posting cuz she moved and no longer has access to a comp. But B"H she is trying to deal.


ponder2 Posted - 06 February 2002 15:30


"You will be able to make the world burn in flames one day - or rather, the part of the world that does those terrible things - when you watch as Hashem takes those who hurt you and gives them what they deserve."

Rabbi, I was wondering when Hashem takes revenge on the pple who hurt us, will would that really make us feel good? Would we need to feel such feelings in the next world (though, now the thought can be comforting)?

I thought all the suffering would be clear to us and we would understand e/t then?

And why do you assume that whoever is hurting this girl will "burn" how can you know that? Why, would e/o that hurts me "burn"? (I don't mean to be insensitive or a/t I just wanna know why)


MODERATOR Posted - 06 February 2002 18:01


When someone hurts you he commits an aveirah. The punishment for an aveirah is Gehinnom, wherein people "burn" (a figure of speech - the pain is not physical, really).

Although you may not harbor any ill feelings to the person that wronged you, if you were not Mochel them, they get punished.

The fact that a person is able to get away with harming someone else on this world is kind of a Chilul Hashem. Whenever something happens against Hashem's will it is against Hashem.

If someone commits evil, according to justice, he should be punished. If he gets away with it, it just makes the Chilul Hashem permanent.

Until the next world, when we will see that everyone gets exactly what they deserve, that everything that happened was for the best, and that Reality works totally in accordance with Hashem' plans, despite what it may have seemed on this world.

Therefore, when people get what they deserve - good and bad - and when everything is revealed to jive perfectly with the Ratzon Hashem, it reveals Hashem's glory and dominion over the world.

That is what you will enjoy.

In this spirit Chazal say "Great is revenge, for it comes between the two names of Hashem, as it says, 'Hashem is a G-d of revenge' ".

No comments: