Note:

For an enlarged, easier to read index click here . To "google search" this site, scroll to the bottom of this page. (This site is best viewed with "Firefox")

(Tips: F11 key enables full screen viewing & Ctrl-F to search the index)

11.16.2006

ZIONISM / ANTI-----should we give it back?

-
Now that the Jews are in possession of the land what is your position? Should we give it back? Let the Arabs take over? Give part of the land back in the interest of "peace"?



The Satmar Rebbe ZT"L, one of the staunchest opponents to Zionism in our times, wrote in his Sefer Vayoel Moshe (p.8) that although we are not allowed to have Eretz Yisroel before Moshiach, unfortunately, it is impossible just undo the state through political means since that will endanger Jewish lives. The only way to undo statehood nowadays is to pray for Hashem to deal with it. But politically, it is impossible.

When I was a kid, I once asked Rabbi Avigdor Miller the very question that you are asking here (not the Land for Peace part - that wasn't an issue, then). He gave me a moshol which I later found out is really a posuk in Mishle.

He said what the Zionists did when they created a Jewish state in Eretz Yisroel against lethally vehement opposition of the Arabs was like grabbing a dog and picking it up by the ears.
The dog gets angry, but you have a dilemma" If you let go he's going to bite you, but the longer you hold it the angrier he gets.

The same thing, he said, with Erezt yisroel. If you let go they'll kill you but the more you hold on the more terrible they get.The posuk in Mishle goes like this: Kmachzik b'aznei kelev, over hamisaber al riv lo lo."Like grabbing the ears of a dog, someone who gets embroiled in a dispute that is not his own."

As far as land for peace, I honestly don't think it will work. But then you will ask me what will, and I will tell you I do not know.

I do not believe at this point that anything will make the Arabs stop killing Jews. I don't believe that giving them land will change that.

But whether giving back some land will be reduce the intensity of the current state of war, and if so what and how much, is a question that I am unable to give any better an opinion on than anyone else. I am not an Israeli government official and I am not privy to the information they have, I do not know the games they play, and whatever information we do know is tainted with political agendas. This issue is nothing less than Dinei Nefoshos, life and death matters, which should not be decided by a bunch of anti-Torah, anti-G-d, soulless politicians.

Unfortunately, the lives of so many Jews are stuck in the middle of a political battle between two governments, both of which have their own political agendas, and who are either willing to kill Jews (Arabs) or allow Jews to be killed (Israelis) in order to further those careers and agendas. I don't know what the answer is, and those that do, it looks like, don't care.

No comments: